This seminar will focus on the development of critical thinking skills. The course will build on the basic understanding of Neurodevelopmental Treatment, Sensory Integration, and Motor Learning approaches. By integrating the strengths of these frameworks, the participant will be assisted in applying these concepts to improve function in children with neuromotor and sensorimotor disorders. An emphasis is placed on task acquisition, creative therapeutic treatment planning, and methods for maximizing function.
1. Identify attainable goals and describe a sequential roadmap of intervention.
2. Identify the contributions of NDT, SI and Motor Learning theory and application.
3. Identify the critical elements of motor, sensory, perception, cognition, and environment through task analysis.
4. Identify differences in performance of children with disabilities that will assist in identifying individual treatment goals.
5. Describe NDT, SI and Motor Learning therapeutic activities and techniques.
Level I Introductory/no prerequistes required.
AOTA Domain of OT Category 1, Texas CE Type 2. NBCOT PDUs,approved by New York State Education Department Board of Physical Therapy, California PT Board, Illinois PT Board. For other State PT Board approvals click on CEU Course Approvals on the CEU Course Listing Page. Clinician's View is recognized by the Board of Certification (BOC) for Certified Athletic Trainers.
Complete all the seminars in this category and receive a special Certificate of Clinical Enhancement. High Speed Internet Connection Required. Wireless connections may not be consistently fast enough to watch long video files. You may need to have your computer connected directly to your high speed modem via an internet cable.
Physical, occupational, speech therapists, certified athletic trainers, and other allied health professionals. For special needs requests please contact us by phone or email. firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 575-526-0012. Fax 575-526-0014.